(as of Oct 20,2021 19:21:20 UTC – Details)
Web Design Playground takes you step by step from writing your first line of HTML to creating interesting and attractive web pages. In this project-based book, you’ll use a custom online workspace, the book’s companion Playground, to design websites, product pages, photo galleries, and more.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
How do top designers learn to create beautiful web pages and intuitive user experiences? Great examples, expert mentoring, and lots of practice! Written by web designer and master teacher Paul McFedries, this unique book shapes and sharpens your skills in HTML, CSS, and web page design.
About the Book
Web Design Playground takes you step by step from writing your first line of HTML to creating interesting, attractive web pages. In this project-based book, you’ll use a custom online workspace to design websites, product pages, photo galleries, and more. Don’t worry about setting up your own servers and domain names—the book comes with a free “playground” which lets you experiment without any of that! You can concentrate on core skills like adding images and video and laying out the page, plus learning typography, responsive design, and the other tools of the web trade.
- Getting started with HTML, CSS, and web design
- A free, fully interactive web design workspace
- Working with images, color, and fonts
- Full-color illustrations throughout
About the Reader
If you can use a browser, you’re ready to create web pages!
About the Author
Paul McFedries has written nearly 100 books, which have sold over four million copies world-wide.
Table of Contents
- Getting to Know HTML and CSS
- Building Your First Web Page
- Adding Structure to Your Page
- Formatting Your Web Page
- Project: Creating a Personal Home Page
- Adding Images and Other Media
- Learning More About Styles
- Floating and Positioning Elements
- Styling Sizes, Borders, and Margins
- Project: Creating a Landing Page
- Learning Page Layout Basics
- Creating Page Layouts with Flexbox
- Designing Responsive Web Pages
- Making Your Images and Typography Responsive
- Project: Creating a Photo Gallery
- More HTML Elements for Web Designers
- Adding a Splash of Color to Your Web Designs
- Enhancing Page Text with Typography
- Learning Advanced CSS Selectors
- Project: Creating a Portfolio Page
PART 1 – GETTING STARTED WITH HTML AND CSS
PART 2 – WORKING WITH IMAGES AND STYLES
PART 3 – LAYING OUT A WEB PAGE
PART 4 – MAKING YOUR WEB PAGES SHINE
Publisher:Manning; 1st edition (May 19, 2019)
Item Weight:1.98 pounds
Dimensions:7.38 x 1.1 x 9.25 inches